Q: What should I bring to Fins?
- Linen: You are required to bring your own linen: sheets, pillowcases and towels.
- Food & Drinks: Buying food on Fraser is expensive so it is a good idea to bring the bulk of your food and drink requirements with you.
Q: I understand Fins relies on solar with a back-up generator, what impact does this have on what I can use?
- All appliances supplied at Fins have been selected to operate with the solar system.
- You cannot use any electrical appliances with a heating element, including but not limited to electric frypans, hairdryers, toasters and portable fridges.
- It is best to use power-intensive appliances (e.g. washing machine) in the mornings on sunny days.
Q: I understand Fins has a septic system, what does this mean?
- You must not flush nappies, personal hygiene items or any other unsuitable items down the toilets. This will cause a blockage in the drains.
- Do not pour cooking oils or fats down the sinks.
Q: Do you have a fish cleaning facility?
- Yes, it is in the back-yard.
Q: Will my phone work?
- There is a Telstra tower at Happy Valley so if you use a Telstra service then you will get reception.
Q: What facilities are available for my baby?
- We have a port-a-cot and high-chair available for you. If you intend to use the port-a-cot please ensure you bring your own linen and let us know in advance.